Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 24 months from the date of completion of the work described on the contract or proposal, James Kate Construction (the “Contractor”) will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
Pay the full contract price
Retain a copy of the original contract
Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or his employees, to perform the repairs
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work not performed by the Contractor.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- Mill-glazing from smooth cedar.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Abnormal use or misuse.
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the Contractor.
- Structural defects.
- Settling or movement.
- Moisture content of the substrate.
- Abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the Contractor.
- Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESSED WARRANTY MADE BY THE CONTRACTOR AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTOR TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE CONTRACT OR PROPOSAL. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRACTOR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THE CONTRACT.
This warranty provides specific legal rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
How can I get an estimate for your paint services?
We love working with our clients and pride ourselves on being a company that is easy to do business with. Therefore, in order to get a price on our painting services – just give us a call, send us an email or fill out our contact form.
We can give you all of the information that you’re looking for upfront. Our sales staff is trained to deliver exceptional results that will make your shopping experience both easy and fun!
What type of paint do you carry?
We carry the Promar Series paint by Sherwin Williams. This quality paint series is a terrific product for both residential & commercial settings.
Available primarily in Water-based, Oil-based, Acrylic/Latex (Water-Based) as well as a few other, more specific options – this is a product line that has everything to offer in a solid assortment of colors, performance measures and chemical makeups. In essence, we have everything you need for your next residential or commercial paint project!
How many options do you have for the Promar Series?
There are 21 options for the Promar Series of paint: 7 of which are in our featured Promar 200 series. Of all of these options, there is a wide variety of colors that fall into each specific product selection.
The reason for all of these differing series is due to the characteristics that each paint brings to your home or office. From material makeup (water or oil-based) to type of surface it’s being applied to (indoor or outdoor) – we’ve got a wide variety of options to fit your project.
How many colors do you offer?
We offer over 1,500 colors so you have the color that works perfectly for you and your home or office! If you’d like to browse our list of colors, please click this link.
We believe that you will be hard pressed to not find the exact color that you are looking for after visiting our Sherwin Williams digital library!
What type of painting services do you offer?
James Kate Painting believes in delivering exceptional value for our clients. We want to be your one-stop-shop for all of your painting needs. Therefore, we offer a whole gamut of painting services for both residential & commercial applications.
From Interior & Exterior Painting, to Wallpaper Removal, Wooden Decks & Side Panels, Staining and Doors – we’ve got you covered. In fact, our list of services is so in depth that we just prefer to speak to our clients in person.
To that end, we offer free in-home painting consultations. This gives us a great opportunity to meet with our clients and provide them with one-on-one product knowledge and a list of our services to meet their specific needs.